"All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they had really happened
and after you are finished reading one you will feel that all that happened to you
and afterwards it all belongs to you; the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse,
and sorrow, the people and the places and how the weather was."
Ernest Hemingway

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Fanatical

As you might have already guessed, Reader's Reach is about one thing and one thing alone:  books.

This blog is an attempt to share with the vast and glorious Internet the joy and excitement of reading.  Moreover, I want it to become a medium for the discussion of literature and a place for sharing thoughts on all those great and wonderful books we read every day.

For every book I read, I will write a review.  I can't guarantee it will be the best review, but I will be fair to each and every novel I read, listing as much detail as I can - without giving away the best parts, of course - and writing about the good, the bad, and the just plain ugly aspects.

Find yourself in disagreement with what I write?  Feel free to comment and leave a message.  Provide your own take on the novel and argue against my assessment.  I'll appreciate any insight - and suggestions for new books - you have to offer.

There's only one rule:  keep it clean.  No low blows, no spitting and cursing and hair pulling, and no foul language.  At Reader's Reach, there are only good books to read and new discussions to have about them - and maybe a little bit of scholarly sparring and lighthearted bantering.

So, without further ado, on with the show....

- The Scrivener

No comments:

Post a Comment