"All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they had really happened
and after you are finished reading one you will feel that all that happened to you
and afterwards it all belongs to you; the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse,
and sorrow, the people and the places and how the weather was."
Ernest Hemingway

Sunday, July 1, 2012

You were warned...

As you can no doubt see, I've changed the line-up for this month and hijacked the month of July in honor of Tolkien and his works. Rather than providing reviews on an assortment of books and authors, I've decided on a singularly linear course this time around.

Why Tolkien, you may ask?

Well, I am a fanatic for J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings.  So, of course, I would ultimately write mediocre "reviews" based on three of the greatest novels ever written - and I will, most likely, only sing Tolkien's praises and rave about every aspect of his wonderfully fantastic novels.

I apologize now for any inconvenience this may cause, especially if you are less inclined to read epic fantasy novels or avoid Tolkien altogether.

(If the latter, shame on you.)

But, as always, I welcome any comments or suggestions and thank you for visiting Reader's Reach.

- The Scrivener

No comments:

Post a Comment