"All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they had really happened
and after you are finished reading one you will feel that all that happened to you
and afterwards it all belongs to you; the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse,
and sorrow, the people and the places and how the weather was."
Ernest Hemingway

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Top Ten

I might as well get this out of my system.  I was bound to make a list at some point on Reader's Reach and, with well over a hundred posts - and, more importantly, approximately 100 books "reviewed" - it's time to succumb to the inevitable urge.  It's time for a Top 10.

So, here we go:

10)  The Long Halloween
9)  The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
8)  Gilead
7)  To Kill a Mockingbird
6)  World War Z
5)  This is All
4)  The Lord of the Rings (yes, I'm cheating a little here)
3)  Jane Eyre
2)  The Help
1)  The Fault in Our Stars

These are the books I have truly enjoyed the most on my blog.  They're pretty interchangeable - I like them better at different times, depending on my mood and my inclination for zombie gore - but I have to point out that The Fault in Our Stars by John Green will probably always be one of my favorites of all time, if not my most favorite.

As for the rest, well, I feel like it's worth mentioning a few others that left their mark:

Now, what's next?

Happy reading,
The Scrivener

No comments:

Post a Comment