"All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they had really happened
and after you are finished reading one you will feel that all that happened to you
and afterwards it all belongs to you; the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse,
and sorrow, the people and the places and how the weather was."
Ernest Hemingway

Friday, December 18, 2015

In Progress: A Game of Thrones (Continued)

Image result for a game of thrones
Bantam
I'm afraid I haven't gotten much farther on A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin.  I read a couple additional chapters, but I haven't completed much in the grand scheme of things.  Three more chapters, while impressive in some other books, hasn't really made a dent in Martin's novel.

I'm a little disappointed at my slow pace, but I suppose that's to be expected.  I mean, who would have thought that the three circulating copies at my library would constantly have holds?  I really just need to buy my own copy of A Game of Thrones, because it seems I will never get it finished at this rate.

Then again, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.  Martin's novel is excellent and, if the popularity of HBO's show of the same name is any indication, it's following is expanding.  It's a wonderful series - an imposing series of books, of course, but it's amazing nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment