"All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they had really happened
and after you are finished reading one you will feel that all that happened to you
and afterwards it all belongs to you; the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse,
and sorrow, the people and the places and how the weather was."
Ernest Hemingway

Friday, January 8, 2016

Read Harder Challenge 2016

ReadHarderChallenge2016_checklist (1)Last year, I attempted to complete the Read Harder Challenge.  I finished a portion of the list, and I even posted some reviews on another blog I maintained (which I have since let fall into disrepair - unfortunately); however, I let it fall by the wayside after a couple of months.  This year, however, I hope to change that and complete the Read Harder Challenge of 2016.

Here is a snippet of what you can expect:
  • Read a horror book
  • Read a nonfiction book about science
  • Read a biography (not a memoir or autobiography)
  • Read a book originally published in the decade you were born
  • Listen to an audiobook that has won an Audie Award
  • Read a book by an author that is set in the Middle East
  • Read a nonfiction book about feminism or dealing with feminist themes
There's more, of course, but this is just a taste.  Book Riot has added a lot of different challenges this year, and they've changed from the previous year with the goal of getting reader's to branch out into different realms - and, more importantly, get out of their comfort zone.  (Speaking of which, I might have to work a little harder for "Read a book out loud to someone else."  That's definitely outside of my comfort zone.)

Anyway, I've only just started on my list, but I'm hoping to finish it and maybe work on some of my own reading challenges once I'm done.  My goal for the New Year is to read more and read broadly, and maybe find some new favorites along the way.

---

For more information about the Read Harder Challenge, check out Book Riot.  You can find suggestions and recommendations from other readers who are trying to find books just like you!

And for a copy of your own reading challenge, click here.

---

As always, happy reading.

- The Scrivener

No comments:

Post a Comment