"All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they had really happened
and after you are finished reading one you will feel that all that happened to you
and afterwards it all belongs to you; the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse,
and sorrow, the people and the places and how the weather was."
Ernest Hemingway

Friday, January 15, 2016

In Progress: A Game of Thrones (Continued)

Bantam
As much as I have enjoyed reading A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin, as much as I love his style of writing and the intricacy of his story, I have hit a wall in my reading.  While I was waiting for a copy of A Game of Thrones to return to my library, I made the fatal mistake of picking up another book - and, now, I seem to have my momentum.

I'm just short of being half-way through Martin's novel, but I'm stuck.

Part of me wants to finish the book, but I can't fathom why I would force myself through a book that another part of me isn't so sure I want to finish.  I like A Game of Thrones, but I find myself feeling a bit depressed when I try to continue.  And, as disappointed as I am (with myself) to not finish Martin's novel, I'm equally relieved to simply let it go.

One day, I might try again.

For now, I'm going to just admire Martin's work from afar and rest easy in the knowledge that I might some day return.

No comments:

Post a Comment